Prep time: about 90 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 c. sifted flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 c. mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- oven (You'll need help from your adult assistant.)
- measuring cups and spoons
- small bowl
- medium-size bowl
- large bowl
- bread pan coated with nonstick spray
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Beat eggs well in a small bowl.
- In a medium-size bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the vegetable shortening until it's creamy. Add the sugar a little bit at a time, and continue beating until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the mixture in the large bowl and beat well.
- Add some of the flour mixture to the large bowl and beat well. Then add some of the mashed bananas and beat some more. Continue adding flour, then bananas, then flour, then bananas, until everything is mixed in.
- Pour mixture into the baking pan. Bake for 70 minutes.
- Flip your banana bread out of the pan, let it cool for a bit, and cut it into slices to eat and share!
Serving size: 1 slice
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
2 g protein
5 g fat
24 g carbohydrate
1 g fibre
27 mg cholesterol
155 mg sodium
37 mg calcium
0.8 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.