NZ Beef and Lamb
Suitable from 6 months
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ kumara, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp oil
- 100g lean beef or lamb mince
- ½ cup beef or vegetable stock or use ¼ tsp stock powder to ½ cup water
- 1Tbsp tomato purée*
1. Microwave or boil carrot and kumara in a little water until soft.
2. Heat oil in frying pan, add mince and stir well breaking up with the back of a spoon as it cooks until it forms small pieces about the size of a pea.
3. Add carrot, kumara and stock. Cover and simmer until the meat and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Babies 6-7 months
Purée the meat and vegetable mixture in a food processor or baby mouli. Mix with a little of baby’s milk if necessary to achieve a smooth consistency your baby can swallow.
Parents and babies from 8 months
*Add 1 Tbsp of tomato purée when adding vegetables.